 Off-Topic / Debate / 23573
Re: Richard Clarke
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:39:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   Richard Clarke Quotes: “Frankly, I find it outrageous that the president is running for re-election on the grounds that he’s done such great things about terrorism. He ignored it. He ignored terrorism for months, when maybe we could have done something to stop 9/11. Maybe. We’ll never know.”

More reason to clean house when a new administration comes in. Got any personal agendas, Mr. Clarke-- such as a book to sell?

I think Clarke pre-dates even Clinton; he is not the “kiss & tell” type.

Not if he is kissing Democrats.

   Is he not acting in the US’s best interests?

More like CYA.

Why not tell us all you and the Clinton adminstration did after the attack on the USS Cole?

That would be the same attack you did not know about 2 weeks ago?

John Neal: “Nobody perceived OBL as a threat on September 10, 2001.”

That’s my point! It was HIS job to get that perception, and way back then!

   One could easily speculate that if we had hit and hurt Al-qaeda then, it might have stopped 9-11 from happening.

I thought OBL was not a threat? Your words: “Nobody perceived OBL as a threat on September 10, 2001”

If nothing else he should shut his piehole or take some responsibility instead of trying to profit and CYA at the same time.

   Maybe. We’ll never know.

Take your money and CYA, you two-faced, partisan hack.

Why not tell us about how the Clinton administration stopped the attacks on LA on 1999/2000?

BTW: Who made it to NY first after 911; Clinton or Bush? Who demonstrated leadership? Who ran for a bunker?

Who makes me laugh?

JOHN