 Off-Topic / Debate / 23428
    Couple of interesting screeds from a site I just found —Larry Pieniazek
   Republicans Who Support 'Anybody But Bush' (URL) lawbreaking attorney general (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Couple of interesting screeds from a site I just found —John Neal
   (...) Huh? If he supports any Republican besides Bush, I'd give some creedance to this article. But the assertion that "Republicans" would vote for Kerry over Bush doesn't parse, and thus the "Anybody but Bush" is simply ignorant. JOHN (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Couple of interesting screeds from a site I just found —Dave Schuler
   (...) Non Neocon Republicans might very well vote for Kerry in preference to Dubya and his wild Federalism and Imperialism. At the very least, those true Conservatives might simply withhold their votes for Dubya, even if they don't vote against him. (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Couple of interesting screeds from a site I just found —John Neal
   (...) That may be true, but that's a classic example of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. Republicans might, no will, disagree with Bush on certain issues, but they will certainly disagree with Kerry on virtually all issues. (...) This (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Couple of interesting screeds from a site I just found —Dave Schuler
   (...) Surely, but it's human nature to pout (in some fashion, or to some degree) when one really doesn't get one's way. For example, it's been suggested that blacks in Florida might be less eager to vote in 2004 after they were (or perceived (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Couple of interesting screeds from a site I just found —John Neal
   (...) Not to me. Case in point: the Libertarians. They have made woeful progress as a party, besides the fact that they have some good ideas. Trying to change incrimentally from within either party rather than all at once in their own ineffectual (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)