 Off-Topic / Debate / 23176
  Re: Once again, even with all our problems, Canada--a great place to live...

(...) Well, before we get into what I personally consider decent, the Ontario courts ruled a while back that the exposure of breasts in certain public areas (basically any public area where, say, a man can legally go topless) is decent, and is now (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Once again, even with all our problems, Canada--a great place to live...

(...) So you would be okay with a law that permitted, say, fornication or masterbation in public places? (...) I'm fine with the stuff people do in private-- we are talking about public behavior here. (...) Ah, so a brother and sister, or two (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Once again, even with all our problems, Canada--a great place to live...

(...) Well then that's a differnet kettle of fish, isn't it? Sex, in mono-or partner form, is different than, well, what we're talking about here. There are laws about being 'sexual' in public, which falls outside the purview of the laws we're (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Once again, even with all our problems, Canada--a great place to live...

Ack...I'm being seized by old, bad habits. (...) There shouldn't need to be a law permitting it...such permission is granted by nature. Only the restriction of such default freedom requires laws. (...) Really? (...) Ayup! (...) It's funny that I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Once again, even with all our problems, Canada--a great place to live...

(...) FYI, while I didn't see the show, I saw a page on the Drudge Report on it (my only exposure to it). It wasn't a pastie. Pasties cover. It was a nipple-sunburst jewelry piece. Matt's page was incorrect - the nipple was NOT covered, it was (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Once again, even with all our problems, Canada--a great place to live...

(...) ...with laughter. Whatever it was, this is certain: JJ is a pathetic, over-the-hill rock star trying to grasp at one last moment in the spotlight by exposing her middle-aged boob. Move on, JJ. The youth-worshipping culture of Rock'N Roll is (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  jj: only in america?

(...) You mean you don't eat dinner in front of the TV! What kind of parent are you? Next you'll be saying you eat around the same table and talk to each another! You degenerate! ;-) The JJ incident you mention was reported with astonishment on the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: jj: only in america?

(...) And not only that, but it was home-cooked and not McDonald's! (the shame) (...) Touche;-) (...) I'm sure it won't be for the lack of trying;-) JOHN (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: jj: only in america?

(...) Yes, I've heard all about microwave cookbooks. Scott A (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)