 Off-Topic / Debate / 22541
Re: And now for some fluff after all the heavy conversations...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:52:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   Isn’t Tommy Chong Canadian? ;)

How did I know there would be a site about this?

http://www.freetommychong.org/

He’s been convicted of selling smoking accessories online or something like that. Considering what I see for sale in Berkeley every time I’m there I was kind of astonished at his conviction. The stuff was more properly art glass than hardcore pipe stuff.

Ridiculous but true.

For no particular reason I find it necessary to point out that not only do I not smoke tobacco, I also do not smoke “thee ganja.” As a matter of fact, having tried eating (since I don’t smoke) “funny brownies” twice in my life as a youth I am convinced that I have a rather severe allergy to marijuana.

I attended a party once in my college days where ‘wacky tobacy’ was very much used (and boy did I have the munchies that night). Truth be told, I didn’t take one ‘hit’ at all, but the house was filled with the smoke thereof. I ended up heaving into the toilet later in the evening, which is pretty weird for me considering that I don’t drink alcohol either.

I remember this quite clearly because it was the last time I ever threw up. So maybe there is something to being allergic to the stuff. Or it could have been the pizza or something else...

   I have no problem with those that wish to smoke it though...more power and freedom to ‘em.

Agreed.

This would be yet another defense of an issue in which I have no personal stake.I am just looking at the civil liberties angle and seeing that what is being done to Chong is pointedly unfair, unreasonable, and pointless.

-- Hop-Frog

And think of the monetary costs.

Dave K