 Off-Topic / Debate / 22259
Re: Gun Debate: No Proof for Either Side!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 21:33:24 GMT

   The logic of your political forebearers included slavery.

Your comment is off-topic in this thread, but perfect for this forum...maybe you could start a thread on slavery. But first read Madison’s notes on the convention -- slavery did not easily get a pass. And the Civil War is proof of that fact.

Accepting the political logic behind the right to bear arms does not mean that I am embracing everything every founding father ever did or thought two hundred years ago. I mean, Ben Franklin seems like a nice guy on the surface, but I guess he was also a womanizing jerk. If you knew more details about my private life you might think I was a womanizing jerk too. The fact that I may be a womanizing jerk doesn’t make my political views wrong, it makes me human.

-- Hop-Frog