 Off-Topic / Debate / 22260
Re: The partisian trap in California
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 01:36:49 GMT

   Though I do not condone the “groping” of women, I think his behavior in the context of Hollyweird is probably par for the course. What is interesting to me is that these women (some who remain to wish anonymous -- huh?) are stepping up now just days before this election to reveal bad behavior allegedly conducted almost 30 years ago! Puh-leeze.

According to one guy who witnessed one of Arnold’s excesses, Arnold said that’s how he did it in Austria, so Hollywood has nothing to do with it (in fact, most of these incidents date to his pre-Hollywood period - maybe he learned them at Young Republican meetings). ;-)

And who cared before - just another crass foreigner. Now, if Arnold ran for office 30 years ago, I think we would have heard of the incidents by now. You question why some want to remain anonymous? I think the answer to your question is evident in your own resposne.

   But whatever, who can know the truth of these wild allegations one hears about from time to time. It doesn’t much matter to me.

Agreed.

Great! So, no complaints about Clinton in the future, right?

Before you complain that Arnold is being treated unfairly by the media let me assure you that this much airtime, for good or ill, makes him far and away the most recognizable name on the ballot -- even if he were not a famous international star, which he is!

Say again? He already is by far and away the most recognizable candidate without any “help” from the partisan hacks at the LA Slimes. And now with their latest “revelation” that Arnold is a nazi, the verdict is in: LA Times = partisan platform for the Left (which is okay, actually, but what I object to is the dishonesty of them claiming to be “objective”. Disgusting and pathetic).

Do you actually read the Los Angeles Times on any regular basis in order to form such an opinion, or is this just an attempt to shoot the messenger?

   The media’s intense interest in Arnold’s bid for governor has become a de facto endorsement precisely because of all the free air time this bozo is getting. I would not be the least surprised by his winning the governorship next week, not at all.

You must mean network television-- the LA Slimes is trying its best to derail Arnold’s gubernatorial bid! Even then, I think the only de facto desire on the part of the media is to make $$$;-)

Wait...network TV? As in what kneejerk-conservatives think is the heart of “the liberal media”? So....it isn’t liberal? Or is Arnold really a liberal, but if that is the case, why is the liberal (ahahahahaha!) Los Angeles Times torpedoing him? Why not torpedo the real conservative, McClintock?

   I will tell you why. You are correct that Republicans would much prefer McClintock, but they are taking a realist stand in this recall. By the numbers, it is felt that McClintock cannot win, and so Republicans are holding their noses and voting for the lesser of 2 evils-- Arnold over Davis (no recall). The (R) after Arnold’s name might possibly be a powerful tool in Bush’s re-election bid.

Translation: they tried with Bill Simon and figured out that perhaps they really are right-wing wackos.

   “Sheep to the slaughter,” says I. I have seen enough stuff to confirm for myself that Arnold is just a puppet Republican.

Are you kidding me? He is a Republican nightmare! A fiscal conservative but a social LIBERAL! Eek:-) In reality, the guy is probably the perfect compromise between Repubicans and Democrats!

A liberal who believes in a balanced budget who fools around a lot. Does this sound like Clinton reborn or what? I take it you are a big Clinton supporter, then? :-)

   The idea is that at least the state is in the hands of a “Republican”. We shall see how he fares.

Until the Democrats abuse the recall procedure in the exact same fashion and recall Arnold for his excesses.

   Think about it, Richard. Arnold is that man. He is no normal Republican and he isn’t a Democrat. He is an outsider. This is exactly how Jesse Ventura got elected in Minnesota-- we were tired of “politics as usual”. Jesse did some good things, and Arnold will do good things.

Jesse was exactly what anyone should have expected from a fake sport. The voters realized their stupidity and ran him out on a rail.

The secret is not to vote third party. Nothing will ever change (or at least for a long, long time) that way. New ideas need to infiltrate the parties and change must come from within. Arnold will soon be in the china shop-- perhaps he will be able to break some glass while he is in office.

The secret IS to vote third party. Both parties need to be punished in my opinion.

   Your bigotry aside, I have to wonder: How do Democrats preserve freedom more than Republicans? They want government to run and regulate everything. That’s not supporting freedom in my view.

Republicans want to regulate my bedroom, so forgive me if I disagree with your claims. They just want to regulate different things. If I want across-the-board less regulation, I’d vote Libertarian rather than hypocritical Republican.

   The Democratic party has been hijacked by Leftist wackos, and they are starting to feel the effects of it-- losing elections. Party ideas can change, and real change will only come from within them. A good start would be to take career politicans from both sides and line them up and shoot them;-)

This is an extremely amusing comment: the Republicans LOST (as in the pathetic Gray Davis waxed them) precisely because the right-wing wackos hijacked the party and put up a bozo instead of the unacceptably-not-right-wing-wacko Richard Riordan (the Democrats put up an incompetent middle-of-the-roader and won). The same Richard Riordan Arnold agreed to consult with regarding announcing running for governor because of the recall (they figured they were too much alike and didn’t want to hurt each other), whom Arnold promptly stabbed in the back with his surprise announcement so he could get in the pre-emptive announcement. Riordan clearly didn’t watch Pumping Iron (Arnold would give his opponents disinformation when they sought his advice).

And my bet? Arnold wins, his wife convinces him to switch to the Democrats, and the Republicans recall him.

:-O

-->Bruce<--

League of Green-Eyed Devils

(Hey! I can’t do my Edvard Munch’s The Scream emoticon anymore because of the underline in formatted text...boo!)