 Off-Topic / Debate / 22258
Re: The partisian trap in California
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 21:21:59 GMT

   Though I do not condone the “groping” of women, I think his behavior in the context of Hollyweird is probably par for the course. What is interesting to me is that these women (some who remain to wish anonymous -- huh?) are stepping up now just days before this election to reveal bad behavior allegedly conducted almost 30 years ago! Puh-leeze.

Let’s for a moment assume these women are being 100% honest.

The difference between coming forward back then vs. now is maybe the difference of having a bad momentary encounter vs. the bad guy becoming your elected representative. Think about it as if you were the one who had been accosted -- it’s a bad thing that happened and it left you with a bad feeling, but up until now you could sort of move forward in your life just ignoring that moment’s unpleasantness. Now the guy may be become your state governor -- it rankles!

   But whatever, who can know the truth of these wild allegations one hears about from time to time. It doesn’t much matter to me.
Agreed.

Your agreeing with that amazes me. Don’t you bring it up all the time? Don’t you equate Shrub’s lying about Iraq as being more or less the same as Clinton’s lying about Lewinsky?

   LA Times = partisan platform for the Left (which is okay, actually, but what I object to is the dishonesty of them claiming to be “objective”. Disgusting and pathetic).

Hey, up here where I live -- nearish to Sacramento -- the TV media is practically worshipful of Arnold. It is the print media that is at least somewhat even-handed, sometimes even critical. But let’s not pretend that those media are on equal footing -- everyone watches TV, nobody reads! It’s not the same thing and it doesn’t create fair coverage.

   Are you kidding me? He is a Republican nightmare! A fiscal conservative but a social LIBERAL! Eek:-) In reality, the guy is probably the perfect compromise between Repubicans and Democrats!

How do you know any of this? Seriously, you’re just guessing it is so. And I’m sorry, but I don’t like the powers standing behind Arnold, that’s why he is a puppet the same way Shrub is in D.C.

   Your bigotry aside...

Calling out the right for wanting to legislate morality does not make me a bigot. To the contrary, I merely oppose the control-freak nature of the right.

I don’t dislike Xtians. I dislike their need to convert everyone to their lifestyle. I just want to be left alone to make my own moral choices and I am willing to respect everyone else’s right to the same freedom.

When the right, mostly because of a Xtian agenda, opposes gay marriage, they are standing in the way of freedom and trying to legislate morality. Recognizing that fact doesn’t make anyone a bigot.

-- Hop-Frog