 Off-Topic / Debate / 22191
Re: Intellectual Property Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 05:57:09 GMT

Welcome to 20 minutes into the future, people. Copyrights are dead. Patents are dead. IP is dead. Digital means infinitely reproducible.

And as William Gibson has observed: “the street has its own uses for things.”

It’s not a matter of what is right or wrong, legal or illegal -- it’s just the way it is and is going to be for quite a while.

Couple P2P with the encrypted anonymous sending and recieving of information and the game is over. All they can do is throttle the bandwidth. They probably won’t be able to tell what you are getting or sending.

You are merely observing the process of the beast in its death throws. You can still hear its angry cries, but soon it will be silent and still. Give it time.

-- Hop-Frog