 Off-Topic / Debate / 22036
22035  |  22037
Subject:
Stop the madness...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:58:30 GMT

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/09/08/dickie.roberts.ap/index.html

Quoting the part that... well...

"
Monday's lawsuit mentions one legal action brought by a Wisconsin adult who
became paralyzed after diving onto the slide while intoxicated. The plaintiff in
that case was awarded $12.3 million in damages, according to Monday's lawsuit.
"

I think that someone somewhere somehow should stop these judges from awarding
these outrageous damages.

It's absolutely ludicrous that someone gets that much money for his or her own
stupidity.

It's sad that he's paralyzed, but the slip 'n slide didn't force the booze into
his gullet.  The slip 'n slide didn't make him jump on it.  I mean, maybe the
land was bumpy which caused the drunken man to fall down and get
paralyzed--maybe he should have sued the landscaper or the lawn maintenance guy,
or how about sue the beer company for putting thought inhibiting toxins in their
beer.

Or how about people live with the consequences of their own actions.  There's a
radical thought.

Dave K