 Off-Topic / Debate / 20869
  Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!

(...) This explains a lot. (...) I am not seeing the intolerance directed at the religious members of our community. Maybe if you were Jewish or Muslim. That thing about Mormon persecution so many years ago is starting to grow mold on it... I'd just (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!

(...) The intolerance I was refering to is that of those who take issue with religions or religionists for their beliefs, basically telling someone that they must unconditionally accept your chosen lifestyle. One of my best friends has recently (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!

(...) The point I was trying to make with John, and seems to be pushed to the wayside, is that mayhaps the church, and doctroines thereof, need to be revisited--whether you personally accomodate homosexuals in your life is nice and all, but (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!

(...) Column. The last row tends to consist of really, really, unstable elements. Sorry for being anal about row-column, just trying to hijack this away from religion (Zzzz...zzzsnore). -->Bruzzz...zzz... (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!

(...) Thanks for the clarification. Sorry for keeping ya up, Bruce! Yes, religious debate can sometimes get tiresome, but I've wanted to keep it as interesting as possible. Honest I have! Dave K -who puts people to sleep wherever he goes (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!

Annoyingly, I was unable to post to LUGNET for a few weeks and wasn't able to contribute in my usual, brilliant fashion. I apologize for the late response to Scott's posting, but this was just about my first opportunity to do so. (...) It should be (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!

(...) Wow Dave, this was so old I almost forgot I wrote about this. Alright as it appears that there were some huge misunderstandings in my post let me try to clarify things. First and foremost, I do have core beliefs as to what is right and wrong, (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!

(...) I think that you probably have an okay approach to the issue -- just as long as your ideas about right and wrong are qualified by the concept of right and wrong "for you." Need I mention the many stupid and pointless sodomy laws across the (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!

(...) I think that I'd favor a combination of your two definitions, but I must admit that my own definition is hardly ironclad. I'd offer something like this: Tolerance is, at the very least, the acceptance of others without pre-emptively judging (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)