 Off-Topic / Debate / 208
  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

Also sprach Perhaps a Princess...: : "a crusader who won't hush until he makes everyone bow to his creator" : Don't you see a very definite amount of bile in the way you phrased : this? And why it might get on people's back like fingernails on a : (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) You're in the minority, or so it would seem. Either that or the people that are obviously believers are a bit less tolerant of non believers but the quiet faith types (who I appreciate more anyway) are a bit more and aren't obviously beleivers (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) It really doesn't to me. I have my faith and my father-in-law, the minister, would probably lament to hear me say it, but I don't accept that your faith or your soul or anyone else's is my responsibility. Makes no difference to me what (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) I've always been in the minority in one way or another. :) With this as with other things it is usually something to be proud of, or at least something to not be ashamed of. (...) I don't think I'm very obvious about a lot of confrontational (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) I agree - sort of. My experience has also been that there are more 'believers'(1) who start these flame wars, however, I've noticed that once they start, the majority of the participents (and the bulk of the volume) are from 'non-believers' (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

Also sprach Mike Stanley: : Makes no difference to me what everyone else believes. Not my : business unless they try to tell me what to believe. ... and notably, you and I have never gotten into an argument about religion and faith. That's my point. (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) Maybe it's just that there are a lot of hypocritical loudmouths who like to hide their intolerance and hate in the cloak of respectable Christianity. This is not meant to make generalizations about Christians, loudmouths or Hypocrates. Steve (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) Unfortunately it is a tenant of many religions to convert the non-believers. (26 years ago, 19-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

how about talking the hitler or nazizm some?.. (anybody remeber the great rule saying all usenet threads has an end virtually..:-D) Selçuk (...) (26 years ago, 19-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

It is unfortunate, but from time to time one meets the occassional, ultra-right wing religeous nut, who is comparable to Hitler. I have met one or two in my time, and call them god-Nazis. There. Hope that kills it off for good. Too much bad feeling (...) (26 years ago, 19-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)