 Off-Topic / Debate / 20796
Re: One more reason why I'm refusing to shop in Wal*Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 09:14:46 GMT

A search for "Wal*Mart" & "Christians" led me to this:

Like Jesus in the Temple, Furious Pastor Flips Display Tables and Destroys an
Entire Wal-Mart
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0503/damning.html
[it may offend some readers]

Scott A

http://money.cnn.com/2003/05/06/news/companies/walmart_mags/index.htm

"
The Times said that the company's standards and the magazines' content have
not changed, but the firm has been under pressure from Christian groups in
the past for its sale of certain magazines.
"

Another reason why these "Christians" are not my idea of Christianity.  I
was looking for an opportune time to throw in a Sorkin quote, and here it is...

"...It was very easy for me to think, as it is very
easy for a lot of people to think..., that most often
one should be suspicious of [religion]. That most often
it's an instrument of hypocrisy or, worse yet, of bullying:
'You're not living your life the way I would have you live it,
the way God would have you live it. Therefore, God is going to
punish you; you are somehow less in God's eyes.' Obviously, that
kind of thing is insidious and terrible."
             - Aaron Sorkin - Executive Producer - The West Wing

Hey you pseudo-Christians--Go back to your Bible and read the *entire*
thing--don't go admonishing others about their lack of values when you are
supposedly professing to be Christian and not getting that you're not
suppose to do that--You're all Pharisees! To you I say, "Take a
seat"--You're not helping.

And to Wal*Mart, who succumbs to this type of 'peer-pressure'--well, your
decision--my decision is to not shop where I'm going to be 'protected' from
life.

Dave K