 Off-Topic / Debate / 20370
Re: Guess who's next?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 19:23:45 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> writes:

Let's play a game!  We all throw in 10 bucks and state, for the record, who
the next coutry targeted for 'WoMD disarmament' and 'harbouring terr'sts'--

I guess Syria

I'm guessing that the US are simply using their miltary presence in the
ME for what it's worth: To put pressure on other countries, whose policy
they would like to see changed.

BTW, I heard on BBC World Service recently that Rumsfeld was asked about
the alleged WoMD in Syria, and the WoMD in Israel: Was there a double
standard since only the first was targeted?  He essentially argued that
the WoMD in Israel was justified by the conflict with the Palestinians.
When this conflict was settled, the need for the WoMD in Israel could be
reassessed.

I'm wondering if the threat of military intervention from US troops in
the ME is a larger one, in terms of military power.

Fredrik