 Off-Topic / Debate / 20328
Re: Guess who's next?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:59:41 GMT

This was not a war to decrease terrorism worldwide.  This was not a war to
protect Americans or increase the security of the USA.  So I ask, besides
the 'liberated Iraq', what was this war for?  Oil?  Dubya flexing Imperial
America?  I dunno, but the *stated* reasons are all null and void.

I hear the ministry of oil has been very well protected since the fall of
Baghdad... but hospitals have been looted.

And museums, while we're at it.

    Dave!

Yes, I like that--

"We had no idea that the museums would be looted!" sayeth the US forces...
even after repeated requests and warnings from the curators...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/15/sprj.irq.museum.looting/index.html

"
"I don't think anyone anticipated that the riches of Iraq would be looted by
the Iraqi people. And indeed it happened in some places" including the
National Museum of Iraq in Baghdad, he told reporters at U.S. Central
Command in Doha, Qatar
"

Is like LA all over again--"I didn't think all those nice people would loot
and destroy all those shops and set fire to the streets after the RK verdict!"

Here's a clue--Learn something from history folks--that's what it's there for.

Dave K