 Off-Topic / Debate / 19926
Re: Dune, Foundation, and other critics of Empire
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 22:40:33 GMT

<snip>

What can we learn from these sources of literature and history?  I invite
others to note ideas and quotes worthy of specific attention by other readers.

-- Hop-Frog

All I know is that JRRT used to get his "knickers in a knot" anytime someone
brought up the idea that LoTR alluded to the situation in Britain before,
during and after the war.

I dunno, is difficult to ask Asimov and Herbert whether their epic series'
were allegorical.

Dave K