 Off-Topic / Debate / 19857
  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) The US is mostly good (light grey) and the SH regime is almost completely bad (I can't think of anything good about it at the moment, but maybe there is somewhere some bureaucrat within it doing good). The Geneva convention has been mostly (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) ... and Tony supports Bush on this.... even though some of my countrymen are held there. Scott A (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) I am not saying we are all wrong -- we certainly do a lot of pointless, stupid, shallow things though. Pointing out those flaws is in my view being a good american because my point is the improvement of our circumstances. I have lost all hope (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) Okay, I'll work with that. You say that pointing out our flaws is part of being a good American. I think we can agree here; I would say that being a good American in part means being vigilant about protecting the ideals of our Constitution. My (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geneva Convention Violation by Rumsfeld & "unlawful combatants"

(...) I understand there are outstanding cases [from both sides] from Vietnam & Korea. (...) This powerful text lists the articles that have been broken: One rule for them (URL) Bay, in Cuba, where 641 men (nine of whom are British citizens) are (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Outrageous Iraqi Geneva Convention Violation

(...) Fine. I really approve of the goals of the federal Constitution. Satisfied? We are such a long way from when the cup may have been half full at this point in time -- it is so clearly no more than half empty now. And how we can we free others (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)