 Off-Topic / Debate / 19845
19844  |  19846
Subject:
So much for the Geneva convention.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:19:30 GMT

Scott:

"America admits suspects died in interrogations"
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/politics/story.jsp?story=384604

This got a mention from one of your countrymen [NJ] in a letter to the Guardian
published today:

Remember Guantanamo
http://www.guardian.co.uk/letters/story/0,3604,921177,00.html
==+==
I cannot recall a greater instance of hypocrisy in the recent past and a
greater disconnect with international opinion. As the US invades Iraq in
violation of international law and in opposition to world opinion, it seeks to
invoke the Geneva convention. Where is the Geneva convention and international
law in Guantanomo Bay? Why is there not similar indignation when it is found
that two Afghan prisoners at the Bagram airbase died due to "homicide",
according to the US military?
==+==

So much for "freedom". So much for the Geneva convention.

Scott A