 Off-Topic / Debate / 19777
Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:33:50 GMT

Then you are doomed to a lifetime of futile frustration and tilting at
windmills.  I already said that morally you may be correct, but practically
what is the alternative?  Society grinds to a halt every time someone is
born?  If you reject the possibility of being born into a contract, then you
have the ultimate right: modify the contract and accept it or beat feet.

The problem is there's no free market in governmental systems at the moment,
and the present players collude to keep it that way.

I would surmise that "Fre Market" and "Governmental Systems" are exclusive.
There has to be oversight to "Free Market" in order to maintain the safety
and health of those involved in the Free Market system--hence Gov't.

I live in a reasonably safe house.  Why?  Because there are rules stating
that my house has to adhere to specific codes.  These codes are enforced,
ultimately, by gov't agencies.  I dislike gov't wasteful spending like most
others, but I do appreciate that there *is* a gov't to take care of the
things that I can't, or don't want to.  Things like police forces, military
responsibilities, residential/commercial services and other such
infrastructure.  I'm not a gov't apologist by any stretch of the
imagination--i'll call my rep to task if I don't "likes what I sees"...
That said, a "free-for-all" is an inherently bad system, imho, and pure
"free market" will lead into "who that has the most cash rules".  Even with
the gov't trying to slow it down, this is what appears to be the case today.

Dave K