 Off-Topic / Debate / 19621
Re: America need not apologize
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:37:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> writes:

Did you happen to hear SH's little speech?  Maybe someone could
explain to me why he referred to the Palestinians multiple times.
What do they have to do with anything that is going on in Iraq?

Easy:
1. both are victims of Bush's foreign "policy".
2. Most of the world has no respect for Bush on either issue.

I think that SH talks about the Palestinians in an attempt to obtain
more support among the Arab world.

Fredrik

That's exactly why he does it. He knows he can't even get his own countrymen
to support him, so he's using his power as a figurehead to 'rally the
troops' among the rest of the Arab world. Hopefully, they'll see him for the
madman he is and ignore him, but somehow I doubt that will happen.

-Dave J.