 Off-Topic / Debate / 19576
Re: America need not apologize
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:18:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Erik Olson writes:

<snip>

How refreshing to have a voice not often heard in .debate actually say
something intelligent, articulate and well thought out, in contrast with so
many of our recent visitors.

Thanks for that post Erik. Now prepare for the onslaught of moral
relativists pointing out that the US is not perfect, and therefore
equivalent to Syria as far as moral authority goes. As if.

Agreed completely, Larry.

When your country was smacked, I had no qualms, issues, or problems with you
going after OBL.  I did, and still do, have issues with your foreign policy,
but that gave no right, no excuse for him doing what he did.

Dubya implied last night that this little war of his was due to 9/11, when
he waxed and waned poetically about "keeping it from the streets where
firefighters and police officers" have to get involved.

Well big news flash--OBL *isn't* SH.

The idea that you're attacking SH and *not* OBL is wrong.  The ulterior
motives behind the attack on SH are vast, and quite proven--this isn't moral
relativism, it's the truth.

So moral relativism is one thing--moral wrongness is another--we should, and
in this very instance, did point it out.

Dave K