 Off-Topic / Debate / 19626
Re: America need not apologize
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:49:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Johann writes:

That's exactly why he does it. He knows he can't even get his own countrymen
to support him, so he's using his power as a figurehead to 'rally the
troops' among the rest of the Arab world. Hopefully, they'll see him for the
madman he is and ignore him, but somehow I doubt that will happen.

One can hope!

http://www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD47803

This is a week or so old and not necessarily a representative sample of all
Arab thinking but I did find it interesting, and agreeable. (the shots at
the US and Britain and other western powers are well placed, in my view)...