 Off-Topic / Debate / 19622
Re: Rats Leaving the Sinking Ship (Re: Just Teasing...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:38:17 GMT

This actually sums up a lot of the reasons I oppose this war.  It is an
unnecessary distraction.  Even with UN sanctioning, it is terribly
mis-timed.  This should not be our focus; this war has diluted our efforts
against Al Qaeda at best, and is in most likelihood counter-productive.
Just to complete the mess, it sacrifices alliances and relationships for no
good end.  I regard it as a complete and total failure in terms of
diplomatic and strategic thinking.  What a God-awful mess.

Exactly.

I love peace, but I am not a pacificist.  When terror comes home they can
expect a fight, more likely a serious beating, and possibly death. And they
will have gotten what they so richly deserved.

From the word go on 911, I have stated my primary interest was homeland
defense -- not Afghanistan, and certainly not Iraq.  The Corporatocracy's
oil grabbing doesn't line my pockets with gold, and I wouldn't take it even
if it were offered.

The Frog cannot be bought, nor is he for sale in the first place. And yes, I
am driving a smaller vehicle now...

I identify what is right and good to do, and I try to stick with it.

-- Hop-Frog