 Off-Topic / Debate / 18890
    Its about time someone put this concept in print. —Mike Petrucelli
   As of posting the article refers to the January 30th article. (It will probably get pushed to the "previous articles" section soon) (URL) from that the 'subject' says it all. -Mike Petrucelli (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Its about time someone put this concept in print. —David Koudys
   (...) Very well written article laying out the issues of military involvement. But what it failed to cover was that Germany, b/w WW1 and WW2 was shunned by the world--there was a depression, and the expression 'taking a wheelbarrow load of money to (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Its about time someone put this concept in print. —Mike Petrucelli
   (...) probably (...) Actually it was the poor economic conditions that allowed Hittler to be 'elected' and then declare himself 'the leader.' Once he was in power it did not matter what the people wanted as they were slaves to the dictator. The (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Its about time someone put this concept in print. —Terry Prosper
   (...) Well you are right on that point, Iraq will continue to struggle after this war. But come on, we can't compare Iraq and Germany. In the 1930', Germany was (and still is) already a powerfull industrial nation, one of the biggest in Europe. Iraq (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Its about time someone put this concept in print. —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Just for the record, it's more like 22 million. And the central government has a fair amount of cash from oil income. (...) We aided him once he was already there, and it was more a case of we were trying to annoy Iran rather than aid Saddam (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        WOMD [weapons of mass *deception*] —Scott Arthur
      (...) Given that civilians were targeted in WW2, I don't see how the two can be compared? In Afghanistan, we had the ability to prosecute the intervention with far less civilian casualties [that fact that far less than 2,000,000 died is not a (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        astonishingly light? [Re: Its about time someone put this concept in print.] —Scott Arthur
   (...) I can't see the wood for the trees! I found this page: Afghanistan War Produces High Civilians-Killed-Per...mb-Dropped Ratio (URL) passage: ==+== After surveying numerous reports on civilian impact deaths caused by bombing, I estimate the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)