 Off-Topic / Debate / 18844
Re: People are idiots...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:38:32 GMT

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/02/03/sprj.colu.ebay.ap/index.html

The gist--idiots were selling supposed fragments from the Columbia on eBay.

Yes I said idiots.  Whether they're actual fragments or not, it would take
an idiot to cash in on this tragedy.

I agree. But I'm not one bit surprised. ;(

BTW: Who is the bigger worry: the buyers or the sellers?

I expect at least some of the parts for sale will be “Ford” rather than
“NASA” ;)

Sometimes I wonder about the intelligence of some members of this thing we
call the human race.

Indeed. In a way this is different to those who were selling/buying 911 rubble;
as there is more of a chance that the debris from Columbia may be used to
figure out what the problem was/is.

BTW: If a bit Columbia were to fall in a backyard, could the property owner
claim ownership?

Search for "Shuttle Columbia" on ebay and you'll see there are all sort of
people cashing in on events. There is even one for lovers of the brick:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2706483460

I also liked these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2402383982
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2402314680