 Off-Topic / Debate / 18748
  illegal Taxpayer funded campaigning ?

In for a penny, in for a pound (1), as they say... Herewith an article from Reason, one of my favorite magazines: (URL) the case that our Drug Czar has been using taxpayer funds to cock referendums without obeying the proper forms... I hope NV finds (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: illegal Taxpayer funded campaigning ?

(...) I've actually seen the SUV ad and appreciated it-it was a good play on sweet and innocent girl doing the voice over against her actual words, much like the satire 'See Spot Run' cartoons I've seen in the past, in which Spot is not anything (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: illegal Taxpayer funded campaigning ?

(...) Oh come on Larry, it's quite clearly meant to refer to Sterling currency. In for a "1p" in for a "£". Mind you I wonder what we'll say if we ever take the plunge? "In for a cent, in for a Euro" sounds rubbish. (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: illegal Taxpayer funded campaigning ?

(...) Right you are... sorry for missing that! (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: illegal Taxpayer funded campaigning ?

(...) David, I'm sure you'll agree that in this "free world" we have a duty to respect others before we exercise our freedoms – no matter where we/they are. The best argument I've heard against the SUV culture was from Moores "Stupid White Men": (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)