 Off-Topic / Debate / 18720
  Pepsi, Coke or Mecca?

I though this story was very interesting: Mecca Cola challenges US rival (URL) is all about combating "America's imperialism and Zionism by providing a substitute for American goods and increasing the blockade of countries boycotting American goods" (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pepsi, Coke or Mecca?

(...) What about an Osama Bin Lager ? (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pepsi, Coke or Mecca?

(...) symbol combo, I think it strange that no similar product has been launched earlier. It interesting, although I don't expect to see it in my region. Fredrik (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pepsi, Coke or Mecca?

(...) As alcohol is pretty much forbidden in Islam, I don't expect that product to be a hit... Fredrik (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pepsi, Coke or Mecca?

(...) In the UK we have "Virgin Cola", but it is more of a money making venture than any sort of statement. Scotland is one of a few places where "Coke" is not the No. 1 selling soft drink. The Scottish No 1 is a bright orange drink called "Irn (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pepsi, Coke or Mecca?

(...) Hm, I can't recall seeing that one when I visited Edinburgh. But then again, I was more interested in the bitters and lagers during those visits! I did have a chance to taste some variants during a sort of "open day" in the Caledonian brewery. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pepsi, Coke or Mecca?

(...) Fredrik, That's fighting talk! North of the border, we don't really drink the "bitter" the southern softies drink [although I did have a pint of Tetley’s last night]. The equivalents are things like 70/- [pronounced 70 Shilling and aka (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pepsi, Coke or Mecca?

(...) It seems I have forgotten the Scottish beer nomenclature... (...) Tee-hee. (...) This rings a bell... I certainly remember the Deuchars IPA. That was one of our favourites, and the number one item to bring home. (Due to tax regulations, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pepsi, Coke or Mecca?

(...) I'm pretty sure it is. (...) How did you find the air in fountain bridge? (...) Yes, just along from the Cale’ Sample Rooms. (...) ;) Diggers is a good bar, but not worth making a huge effort for. More of a curiosity really. Pubs worth looking (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)