 Off-Topic / Debate / 18588
Re: New Poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:31:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Harvey Henkelman writes:
This should be interesting to watch...

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=121

-Harvey

I think I'm going to start a poll about whether member originated polls are
a good idea or not, or maybe whether members who post seriously flawed polls
ought to have their poll originating privileges revoked. Haven't decided but
I'm tempted.

Just like I'm tempted to start a poll asking whether there should be a
disclaimer on all polls similar to slashdot:

* Don't complain about lack of options. You've got to pick a few when you do
multiple choice. Those are the breaks.
* This whole thing is wildly inaccurate. Rounding errors, ballot stuffers,
dynamic IPs, firewalls. If you're using these numbers to do anything
important, you're insane.

ROSCO