 Off-Topic / Debate / 18580
Re: New Poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:05:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Harvey Henkelman writes:
This should be interesting to watch...

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=121

-Harvey

This poll is flawed:

- doesn't include the universe of possible answers
- doesn't even include a "none of the above"
- displays the poll taker's bias in the way the answers are worded.

So why would it be interesting to watch, exactly?

Or put another way, why is it a useful or appropriate poll to even be taking?

Were you just trying to stir up trouble with it? It could be perceived as
that, in my view.

I think I'm going to start a poll about whether member originated polls are
a good idea or not, or maybe whether members who post seriously flawed polls
ought to have their poll originating privileges revoked. Haven't decided but
I'm tempted.

followups limited to o-t.debate