 Off-Topic / Debate / 18389
  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) doesn't fit into their worldview! Quoteth Larry " Well that's certainly ONE view of what he's doing, yes. Please forgive me for snickering out loud when I read the above paragraph " (though, to be said, Larry did put in the apology before the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) Well, if it makes Scott feel any better, I failed to see the joke a year ago: (URL) in my defense I seem to recall that the stories illustrated in LEGO up to that time were less satirical than they later became. That's not to say that the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) Easy there, tiger. I was snickering at the rather credulous and wide eyed statement (unfortunately snipped, but worth rereading) that Ronald Scott Moody initially made, not his particular worldview. Such charming naivety is, well... lauguable, (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) I also 'stuck my foot in it'--I was so impressed that a 'Reverend' played with LEGO and was doing the Bible with LEGO bricks. I went and told some of my friends. Then I realized, probably due to a BPS posting at the time, that he wasn't a (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) And I believe that naive people need to be guided and not laughed at. Who here would point and snicker at someone who 'just got off the boat' into a strange land where the rules and (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) Fair enough, you're right. It DID make me snicker though, I just couldn't help it. You should have seen what I didn't post... :-) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) Once, a long time ago, when my little sister was about 3 years old, she exclaimed "Ow! My feelings!". We found it hilarious. Still do. Should we not? I think the point is not to belittle those who are naive, while still being able to find (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) ;) See, b/w friends you can tell me I'm an idiot and snicker at the dumb things I do--good friends laugh at one another when we do stupid things :) As long as we know that there's a helping hand behind the laugh--friends know that :) Dave K (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) And b/w friends and family that's fully understood and there's no issues at all! My friends and myself have a huge 'banter' thing going on--any small slip or gaffe in conversation generates lots of ridicule. But that's amongst friends--to have (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)