 Off-Topic / Debate / 18301
  Re: How not to get fired...

(...) fired (compared to how for profit businesses where employee performance presumably matters) is not the same thing as suggesting that there ought to be a quota(1) on how many people get fired a year in government. The point is that US (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How not to get fired...

(...) I can think of one gov't employee I'd really like to see fired, but he was more-or-less hired by his dad. I've worked a number of jobs alongside sons or daughters of the employer, and time and again I've observed their tendency to, let us say, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How not to get fired...

(...) I think I know who you mean and he certainly wasn't hired by ME, not even a little bit. Nor was his dad, for that matter. (...) Ashcroft? Not sure who you mean, as there are so MANY candidates, unfortunately, that fit the description. (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How not to get fired...

I can't think of many overpaid Government employees, but looking at a picture of the castle that the CEO of Enron is/was having built made me sick. Everywhere in commercial companies there's a handful of fat cats (literally, usually) who just hand (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How not to get fired...

(...) Heh. You're omitting the important part! 8^) You've previously described "smaller tyrannies" as preferable to One Mega Tyranny, and as more beneficial to the flexibility of the marketplace. I have come to agree, and I think it holds for (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How not to get fired...

I'm saddened that it took you a week to respond to my post, and when your response did arrive it took the form of a personal insult. A few days ago you said this: ==+== Slinging names is not the way to keep this debate where it needs to be. Because (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)