 Off-Topic / Debate / 18308
Re: How not to get fired...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:25:43 GMT

So what's the answer?  Some would say competitive privatization, but I
frankly trust big corporations

What about little ones?

  Heh.  You're omitting the important part!  8^)
  You've previously described "smaller tyrannies" as preferable to One Mega
Tyranny, and as more beneficial to the flexibility of the marketplace.  I
have come to agree, and I think it holds for corporations as well as for
nations.  And I cite as evidence my wide range of cable TV choices, with
seven golf channels, five classic golf channels, six current sports
channels, three current sports rerun channels, six religious channels, and
five 24 news channels--and that's from the most diverse cable palette
available in my region!

We could start with Federal judges and go from there.

Or just start with all elected officials?

  Do you mean term limits?  I say heck yes!  Or do you mean mid-term removal
for failure to perform up to snuff?  In practice that might be difficult,
and it would probably turn elected offices into even more shameless slaves
to polls and focus groups.

     Dave!