 Off-Topic / Debate / 1817
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:16:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Adam Howard writes:
Scott Edward Sanburn <ssanburn@aeieng.com> wrote in message
Simon (and all Europeans and Americans of similar thinking);

(snip)
We may not
like it when politicians cheat on their wives but we recognize that • doesn't
really have any bearing on how good they are at their jobs.

Is everyone totally ignorant? I could care less if Bill Clinton has sex • with one
hundred interns, because he is a morally bankrupt individual that doesn't • stand
for anything. The entire incident revolved around him lying under oath in • a
federal case, which is called perjury, which happens to be a felony in • this
country under federal law, and he was caught. Under the law, he is • therefore
unfit to be President. (In the Constitution, the president can not be a • felon.)

Right on!  I think he should be charged with treason.  He broke his oath of
office and placed our govenment in jeapardy by causing people to lose faith
in it.  (treason: Any betrayal of trust or confidence. (def 2 in my
dictionary))  Let's hang 'em up by his ears!

(snip)

..., I have [a copy of the US Constitution] myself in my suitcase.

BRAVO!!

Adam

Please, this is such total inane garbage.  Clinton was guilty of treason - do
you really believe that Republican crap.  He lied about having a relationship
outside of his marriage - geez, why was the world not surprised that he lied.
Could it possibilybe that the majority of married men have done exactly the
same thing.  If anything its a slap on the wrist misdemeanor.  But treason -
that is just plain ignorant.

Clinton was guilty of one thing - trying to hide his indescrition from Hilary.
The vast majority of Americans could care less if he got 50 BJ's a day from
interns.  What they do care about is the millions of dollars wasted by the
Republicans and Starr trying to kick up enough dirt to overthrow Clinton.  The
evil Republicans are still trying to get even for Watergate.  Period.

If you want to accuse anyone of treason - I suggest that you go after the
Republican party who has done nothing less than attempt to overthrow Clinton
since his first term.