 Off-Topic / Debate / 1880
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 19:28:02 GMT

Ed Jones <edboxer@aol.com> wrote in message news:FH2q7r.2Cx@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Adam Howard writes:
Scott Edward Sanburn <ssanburn@aeieng.com> wrote in message
news:37C463EE.BEAF6F93@aeieng.com... • (snip)
Please, this is such total inane garbage.  Clinton was guilty of treason - • do
you really believe that Republican crap.  He lied about having a • relationship
outside of his marriage - geez, why was the world not surprised that he • lied.
Could it possibilybe that the majority of married men have done exactly • the
same thing.  If anything its a slap on the wrist misdemeanor.  But • treason -
that is just plain ignorant.

Clinton committed two crimes:
1. He perjured himself,
2. He broke his oath of office (by committing perjury he did not uphold the
laws of the USA which he swore to do)

Now, are we going to say that any public official can just break their oath
of office and not be concerned about it?  That is the message we have sent
our gov, or the one our gov is sending us.  Basically they are saying that
'Yes we swore an oath that said such and such when we took office, but we
really don't have to keep it.'  I mean heck if the president can do it then
what's to keep other public officials from taking over the country or to
keep the military generals from breaking their oaths to the president and
the American people and just decide to turn on all of us.  Not that any of
this would happen, but with the direction things are going it very well
might in a few generations when people who were brought up with these 'break
your oath' ideals will be in power.  If you break ANY part of your oath to
office then you have committed treason because you have harmed the security
of the US government.  And none of this has to do with Clinton's infidelity,
I really couldn't care less.  The one main thing that separates him from
other citizens that lie in court is the fact that he swore NOT to break US
law when he took office.  If we can't expect the president to uphold the
laws of the US then why should we?

Adam