 Off-Topic / Debate / 1812
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 00:24:55 GMT

Scott Edward Sanburn <ssanburn@aeieng.com> wrote in message
Simon (and all Europeans and Americans of similar thinking);

(snip)
We may not
like it when politicians cheat on their wives but we recognize that • doesn't
really have any bearing on how good they are at their jobs.

Is everyone totally ignorant? I could care less if Bill Clinton has sex • with one
hundred interns, because he is a morally bankrupt individual that doesn't • stand
for anything. The entire incident revolved around him lying under oath in • a
federal case, which is called perjury, which happens to be a felony in • this
country under federal law, and he was caught. Under the law, he is • therefore
unfit to be President. (In the Constitution, the president can not be a • felon.)

Right on!  I think he should be charged with treason.  He broke his oath of
office and placed our govenment in jeapardy by causing people to lose faith
in it.  (treason: Any betrayal of trust or confidence. (def 2 in my
dictionary))  Let's hang 'em up by his ears!

(snip)

..., I have [a copy of the US Constitution] myself in my suitcase.

BRAVO!!

Adam