 Off-Topic / Debate / 1709
Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 06:00:41 GMT

Jesse Long <jesse.r.long@gte.net> wrote:
That last question is pretty interesting.  Would God forgive the Devil if
asked?  It appears to me (without being a divinity scholar) that angels
(normal and fallen) have not displayed any freedom of choice since the
Rebellion.  I don't know.  It's not possible, so I haven't thought about it.

Yeah, what if Satan just suddenly gave up?  Admitted he was a jerk and
wrong, and honestly (how could you hide it from God?) asked for
forgiveness?

Or was his original crime, way back when, so bad that he's too far
gone?

Or is he the pefectly arrorgant being some would paint him as, so
arrogant that, knowing he's up against the ALMIGHTY, knowing
everything God has ever wanted to do He did, knowing there's a book
that details just how crappy this will all end up for him, knowing all
that, he'd still keep going?

My father-in-law the preacher would probably have a heart attack to
hear me say it, but in a lot of ways I find the concept of Satan as he
is painted in Christian mythology much harder to accept than most of
the happier stuff.

--
The pieces you want and nothing else - easy online bidding!
Sure, you could pay someone to run your LEGO auction.