 Off-Topic / Debate / 17072
Re: slight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:11:21 GMT

I called you on it half in jest at your pettiness.  But I'd never be
so bold as
to expect a retraction, or for you to use the "W" word;-)

What's the "W" word? "Dubya" ??  We don't use *that* word in our house if we
can help it... (1) :-) (unfortunately there's nothing funny about that man.
Our last halfway decent prez was Ronnie, since then we've had a succession
of duds.. and he had a lot of issues too.)

Here's all the retraction you're going to get.

I'm sorry that you find my deliberate omission of the capital C offensive,
it was truly such an instinctive thing with me that I was at first puzzled
at what you were referring to, which is why I said "??". In retrospect I
should have realised.

I'm also sorry that christianity IS so personally offensive to me, I wish it
weren't so, but it is, 2000 years of western history can't be all wrong.

Are you a great person? Ya. Is David K? Ya too.

But that's despite your beliefs, in my view, not because of them. And
deliberately embracing irrationality is a personal flaw, not a virtue. A
flaw I am happy to overlook, as long as it doesn't color your actions
towards me... but since you're advocating commingling church and state, and
arguing that creation "science" ought to be given equal footing with real
science, and arguing against equal rights for those who happen to believe
things different than yourself or have different ( but equally peaceful)
morals, that's kind of tough to overlook at the moment.

Are you a great person? Ya. Is David K? Ya too.  But your religion is
clearly lacking in every dimension I care to examine. It's worse than most
of them, actually.

I'm done.

1 - At first I ragged on Jo for having a sticker on the Durango(tm) that
said, in its entiriety:

"W" with the international symbol for no (red circle with diagonal line)
printed on top of it....

(I think her friend got it from this site: http://www.gwbush.com , because
it's this image: http://www.gwbush.com/store/images/now.gif minus the 1
dollar each thingie)

but now that I've seen the Department of Homeland Security proposals in more
detail, I wish I had one for my car too!

Please note that I don't agree with most of what that site has to say... but
this one sums my issues with That Man(2) up nicely "give me liberty or give
me... security?"

2 - No not the Old That Man, the new one.

++Lar