 Off-Topic / Debate / 17071
Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:10:14 GMT

And don't make the mistake of saying that evolution is science.  Science is
based on what can be shown today--evolution happened a long time ago.

<...>

And don't try to teach evolution as science.  Science, either biology,
chemistry, and physics in high school, doesn't have to have *either* theory
taught at all for the children to succeed in these classes.  My
understanding of a weight falling 9.8 m/s^2 doesn't need either theory.
Saying that 2H2 + O2 = H20 + energy certainly doesn't need it, and the
concept of photosynthesis certainly doesn't need either.  High school is no
place for either of these theories to be taught.

<...>

It is my opinion, true.  Just as it is my opinion that evolution has less to
do with science as it does in forcing a theory of why God doesn't exist on
the public masses.

Dave, I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding about what
evolutionary theory is.  I would encourage you to step back from the
evolution:creation debate, and try and look at the theory of evolution from
within a scientific framework.  The theory of evolution has nothing
whatsoever to do with the presence or absence of God (or god or gods or
Yggdrasil's), and if it has been shown to you thusly, it's been misrepresented.

thanks,

James