 Off-Topic / Debate / 1705
1704  |  1706
Subject:
God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:46:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, "Jesse Long" <jesse.r.long@gte.net> writes:
Mike Stanley wrote:
If the Lord gets the praise and glory when things go right, should he
also get the opposite when things go horribly wrong?

No, I think he should get more of the same.  I don't blame God for the
things that happen in life--that's just life.  I think it's more important
that no matter what happens, no matter how bad, God is still there for us
and will forgive and accept us if we ask.  A lot of humans just back out and
never come back when hard times hit, leaving us to deal with our problems
alone.  But He's always there.

I've kind of always wondered:  Is this mainly applicable for when bad things
happen to good people?  Or is He also there for someone who has done
something really really bad?  I mean, like, say someone makes a pact with
the Devil.  (I saw this in a Twilight Zone episode once.)  Is He still there
to support that person when the Devil comes back later to collect on his end
of the bargain, or is that going too far?

That is, if you sell your soul to the Devil, is He no longer there for you?
As I understand it, He would not be there for a Vampire or a Witch or other
undead because they no longer have souls (their souls left their bodies
after they died).

This makes me also wonder:  Does the Devil have a soul?  Does he have
several?  When you sell your soul to the Devil, does he keep it or destroy
it?  If he keeps it, does that mean that God would forgive the Devil if he
asked forgiveness?

--Todd