 Off-Topic / Debate / 17022
Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:25:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

What is it about evolution that seems so illogical to you?

If I may pose a question:  Evolution is basically the theory that stuff comes
from stuff that came before it.  If you take stuff all the way back to the Big
Bang (or whatever universe starting event you wish), where logically did *that*
stuff come from?  At some point, you'd have to acknowledge that some stuff came
from nowhere, which seems illogical within the perimeters of evolution (to me,
at least).

-John
Evolution is concerned with the origins of life not the universe. Those are
unrelated fields of science, only associated by the fact that they are
scientific pursuits. Theories and conceptions of the origin and nature of
the Universe have varied widly throughout history and will continue to do
so. The intial spark of life is debatable too. What happened afterwards is
emperical evidence. There is an accurate and measurable record of the
progress and change of life which can be supported by the changing
environment of the ages. There is no debate whether evolution is a reality
unless you want to say that it is 'God's' way of testing your faith in your
own reality. It's as real as gravity.

Joseph