 Off-Topic / Debate / 17021
Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:13:50 GMT

That Dubya couldn't even win The Other Way cleanly is a sad comment (he had
to have his brother's state have dubious election practices followed by his
father's dubious Supreme Court choice).  Maybe we should call him Dubious
instead of Dubya?  :-)

This is all a joke, right?  You people have gotten over the election and have
moved on, right?  I only ask because there are those who *still* fume about
it... (Not that there's anything *wrong* with that!) [1]

There's a joke in there, alright, trouble is, it's in the White House!  :-)

Do you mean was I joking?  No, of course not.  Are you saying Uncle Tom
Thomas isn't an unthinking bag man for the conservatives?  Are you saying
that there weren't serious election irregularities in Florida?  Given what
was there I don't see how you can overturn Dubya's election, if that is what
you are getting at, but at the same time, he didn't win a plurality of the
vote.  So get over the facts!  I'm not whining, I'm just pointing 'em out
(see Maggie's comment about the people of the united States electing Dubya).
:-)

Bruce