 Off-Topic / Debate / 16683
Re: Capital Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:10:46 GMT

Yeah, I can't see why Padilla can't be given his rights, due process, equal
protection, trial by jury for treason, right to appeal, and then hung upside
down by the short-hairs until he is dead either...

I mean, the guy is an american however loathsome his actions.  Being tried
for treason seems sufficient to me -- why deny him his rights?  What is up
with that?  Frankly, I can't see why anyone accused of terrorism should be
denied their rights.  If we have the goods on them, I say try them and lock
them up!

  I agree!  Either we have a case and should try him, or we don't have a
case and should release him (after implanting a GPS tracking device, of
course...)

On a finer point, you don't really think that democrats or republicans
represent anything but middle of the road politics as usual, do you?  It's
just another variant on "bread and circuses."

  Well, sure!  I'd just like them to be consistent in their particular
flavor of invective.

     Dave!