 Off-Topic / Debate / 16608
Re: One of our favorite issues!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:18:27 GMT

I am 100% positive that there are certain questions that the courts will not
ever hear because of political reasons.

  Absolutely!  My perennial bugaboo is the ol' "Creationism in public
schools" mantra that's lately mysteriously popular here in the Dark Ages of
Western PA.  I'd love the Supreme Court to say once and for all "it ain't
science and never will be, so don't try to pass it off as science." But as
you say the question itself never comes before the court, and it instead
takes the form of church-v-state or freedom of religion.  Not really the
heart of the matter, in my view, but it speaks of a limitation with the
selective judicial process.

     Dave!