 Off-Topic / Debate / 1634
Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 22:59:19 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:
<someone else said democracy is the majority pushing minorities around>
So what do you want? Total anarchy? That's minorities pushing
majorities around again.

Oh, I get it. The choices according to you are:

- the majority thumps the minority over the head with a stick
- everyone with a stick tries to thump everyone else over the head with
a stick

Not much of a difference there, is there. (1)

Bzzt. thanks for playing but you missed a few. How about trying to
devise a system where it is very hard, and therefore very unlikely, to
push anyone around. There are no utopias, but Libertarianism offers a
way to make that happen. Not perfect, but certainly not a dystopia, as
your unproven adhominem alleges.

Being pushed around is a natural state of being for humankind.

No.

I owe a proof of why it isn't but in the meantime, feel free to try a
proof of why it is. Should be interesting.

Maybe one day we'll grow out of it, but it'll be another few centuries
at the _very_ least.

I already have grown out of it. No one pushes me around and I don't push
anyone around either. You can too. Any time you want to grow up and out
of it, come on in, the water's fine. Renounce the initiation of the use
of force, you'll like it.

1 - reminds me of an old joke.

lugnet.