 Off-Topic / Debate / 16026
Re: Ow. Got stung by a lazy ebay seller.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 05:27:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd A. Schroeder writes:
Benjamin:

I sent 3 polite e-mails to Jeff only after waiting an entire month after our
transaction was complete. I am more angered by you and the people like you
who are accusing me of something more when that simply isn't the truth. You
should get the facts before slinging accusations.

Yo...get a grip...I don't really care what you feel about me or not...
however...you look at what I said in my previous posts, and try to
balance it out what I said.

I didn't rush headlong into debate...if anything you should be mad at
Larry and the others for putting you on their lists of people not to
sell to.

Your e-mails might have been polite, but as the majority of sellers on
bricklink, (and e-bay too), soliciting positive feedbacks is a big NO NO
in the lego community.  Most of "us" will show gratitude of the successful
transaction by giving feedback, regardless of how fast you post or
how good a buyer you are.

I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything more than what I posted earlier.
Having you confirm that you wrote 3 times to the seller, confirms to me
and to the others that you were indeed trying to solicit the positive feed-
back, regardless of how polite they were.

You got some bad parts, and (hopefully) the seller will live up to his
word and correct the problems that weren't entirely his fault.  I can
understand your frustration in that respect, but to bash him about here
and on Bricklink, is in my views real brash, and unconsiderate on your
part.  I can understand why some of the "innocent" sellers would put
you on their blacklist.  They are afraid if things like petty aspects of
the transaction don't go your way, you'll drag them through the mud,
regardless of how stellar a buyer you were before them.

Its like trust, credability, or integrity, once you lose it, it is hard to
get it back.

Benjamin Medinets