 Off-Topic / Debate / 15719
Re: Tanks at the Super Bowl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 23:03:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Pedro Silva writes:

I don't see anyone wishing for the old curbside check-in to return, at least
having thought about it deeply).

Uh...I know lots of folks who want it back.  Heck, I want it back.  This
airport security is highly inconvenient.  I'm hoping that technological means
will be able to replace these procedural security measures in short order.  It
is more important to prevent bombs and weapons from entering the plane (or
better, the airport) than it is to isolate the source of the threat.

If it is (nearly) impossible to get such items into the airport, then the rest
can be relaxed.  I look forward to the return of curbside checkin.

What *are* the present security measures? Are they that intrusive?
And isn't it the best way to prevent weapons/bombs in planes to "kill" the
will to bring 'em? By hitting *the source*? If nobody wants to take a bomb
to the plane, nobody will. And bombs don't walk alone.

Pedro