 Off-Topic / Debate / 14509
Re: "emergency becomes a *disaster.*"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 04:33:36 GMT

Scott A wrote:

Is disaster an overused word these days? Take a read of this:

<snipped>
==+==

When I read this, I had two thoughts:
1. Why so little compassion for the postal workers and their families?
Perhaps they do not fit the LP member profile?

2. Why is the LP's bank not willing to help them through this? If all the
cheques are simply delayed, what is the big deal?

scare mongering perhaps?  maybe LP greed?

<quote>
"And the Post Office is digging that hole deeper."
</quote>

I wonder what the LP parties response would be if they got tainted
mail?  Would they still blame the post office?

-chris