 Off-Topic / Debate / 14545
Re: "emergency becomes a *disaster.*"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:36:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
Scott A wrote:
How about "banks don't loan money to political parties"?? If the LP folds
up, it *will* be a disaster. To the LP. Maybe not to anyone else of course,
but the use of the word disaster is justified, in context.

I do not agree. If the LP were to fold it would be regrettable - nothing
else. In the context on Sept 11 this is not a disaster.

If we are to use that logic, there haven't been very many disasters in
the past few years. All those hurricanes and typoons and whatnot? How
many have caused thousands of deaths and billions of dollars in damage?

Frank,
The LP's mail problems and 911 are linked… at least indirectly. As far as I
know, 911 is not linked to any natural disaster.  Further, I doubt the LP's
demise would be a "disaster" when compared to "hurricanes and typoons and
whatnot"… but that is just my view.

Scott A