 Off-Topic / Debate / 14023
14022  |  14024
Subject:
Founding Fathers Anti-American?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:55:00 GMT

That's right say I am anti-US, when I am infact pro-truth.

All,
I read text linked below last night. When I did, I realised that it linked
quite well with a number of themes we (as a group) have given time here. It
is heavily laced with paranoia, but it is still an interesting perspective.

Have a read:

Gagging the sceptics
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4277990,00.html
The part the subject line refers to:
==+==
The charge of "anti-Americanism" is itself profoundly anti-American. If the
US does not stand for freedom of thought and speech, for diversity and
dissent, then we have been deceived as to the nature of the national
project. Were the founding fathers to congregate today to discuss the
principles enshrined in their declaration of independence, they would be
denounced as "anti-American" and investigated as potential terrorists.
Anti-American means today precisely what un-American meant in the 1950s. It
is an instrument of dismissal, a means of excluding your critics from
rational discourse.
==+==

Scott A