 Off-Topic / Debate / 13781
Re: "The Propaganda War" from the Economist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:31:04 GMT

an important PS...

==+==
Although sanctions contribute to his country's impoverishment, it is he who
has chosen to restrict the distribution of food and medicine that is
permitted by them, and facilitated by an “oil-for-food” programme, both
directly and by siphoning off some of the resources for himself.
==+==

impoverishment != 500,000 children starving.

What does it mean in Iraq then? Not enough money do buy a DVD player?

Two key word groups "Although sanctions contribute to his country's
impoverishment" and "it is he who has chosen to restrict the distribution of
food and medicine that is permitted by them"

From that we learn that the Ecomomists feels that sanctions have lead to at
least some impoverishment - I agree.

So do I. *some impoverishment*, after all was the *point* of the sanctions.
My beef with them is that they're not impoverishing the *right things* (his
palaces and his security apparatus) *enough*, and that they give foamers
like you anti US ammo.

That's right say I am anti-US, when I am infact pro-truth.

I thought they were UN sanction anyhow?

Further, we are told again that Saddam is
restricting the distribution *of what food there is* - I agree.

Saddam is "at fault" then, you say? Really? Hallelujah!

Why didn't you say so in the first place?  Why have you wasted so much
bandwidth on this if you feel that way?

Larry. I have said this before. There is less food in the country, and I
very much doubt Saddam is making things better. Read my posts 1st before you
disagree with me!

Scott A

++Lar