 Off-Topic / Debate / 13607
Re: Violence created by presence of guns? (was: Gotta love Oracle...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 01:12:13 GMT

Simple - they go to areas where weapons are hard to *lawfully* get. • Statistics
prove this out - the easier it is to *lawfully* get a gun, hence the more • *lawful*
citizens have them, the lower the "bad" crimes in the area.

Hmmm...I hate to point this out:

UK murder rate by handgun is lower than US one...hmmm, seems that the
_opposite_ effect is true.

Or, look at Canada/US .  Same sort of effects.  Although, I think that it has a
lot to do with sociatal pressures.  If society pressures no gun use, then gun
use will go down (and, conversely, other weapons will become the weapon of
choice...)

I'd far rather take my chances with a Canadian Mugger than a US one, because
95/100 up here, all I would face is a knife.  And, the bleeding idiot had
better know how to use it.

"If it were up to me, I'd take away the guns"

James P